Proper diabetic footwear and clothing is important for comfort and safety. Fitted diabetic shoes are especially important in preventing injuries and helping to reduce pain. Silverts diabetic shoes are specially designed to fit the diabetic foot. They feature extra width and depth in the toe box and forefoot to relieve pressure from other areas of the foot.
What Makes Diabetic Shoes Different?
Diabetic shoes and slippers are often wider and deeper than regular/ conventional shoes, to make room for special diabetic insoles. Insoles for people with diabetes are generally custom-made for the patient's feet. This is to ensure proper fit and minimize rubbing and uneven weight distribution.
What Are Some of the Features of Diabetic Footwear Solutions?
- Diabetic socks are seamless to prevent irritation.
- Moisture wicking and anti-bacterial resistant socks are important to prevent foot infections
- Removable insoles are important for those that require orthotic inserts
- Diabetes Footwear that reduces pressure points to aid in circulation.
What Shoes are Best for Swollen Feet?
- VELCRO® brand strap fastener closure shoes for women & men adjust for different levels of swelling and can accommodate swollen feet
- Wider width shoes allow for the increased sizing that swollen feet may require without having to go up in size. This reduces the risk of falls.
- Soft or flexible materials that mold to the foot and provide comfort
- Specialty shoes designed for swelling and edema
Find Diabetic Shoes, Socks and Diabetic Slippers for Women here.
Find Diabetic Shoes, Socks and Diabetic Slippers for Men here.
How are Silverts Socks good for swollen ankles?
Diabetic socks, shoes and slippers are an excellent choice for swollen feet and swollen ankles for women and men. Socks for diabetes offer wider widths and a unconstrictive fit. Diabetic socks are designed for different levels of swelling. Often one foot or ankle may have more swelling and socks that can compensate for this are extremely beneficial for seniors or the elderly citizens.
How Can I Reduce Swelling in My Feet?
- Some home remedies for swollen feet include:
- Drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water a day
- Buying compression socks
- Soaking feet in a cool Epsom salt bath for about 15 - 20 minutes
- Elevating your feet
- Massaging your feet for blood circulation