Men's Open Back Knit Cardigan
- Open Back Closure: Secured easily with snaps at shoulders
- No Peek: Full back coverage for complete dignity, with 2 overlapping back panels
- Reduces Exposure: Overlapping panels maintain coverage better than standard open back styles
- No Pressure Points: Strategically placed shoulder snaps eliminate pressure points
- Convenient Pockets: Handy pockets to store belongings
- Quick Struggle-Free Dressing: Reduces dressing time
- Center Back Length: 27 inches
- Sleeve Length: 25 inches
FABRIC & CARE
- Fabric Content: 81% Polyester/ 16% Rayon/ 3% Spandex
- Fabric Description: A super soft brushed knit that feels decadent against sensitive skin
- Fabric Weight: Medium weight, making it versatile for both summer and winter
- Washing Instructions: Machine washable and dryer friendly
The Men's Open Back Knit Cardigan is ideal for assisted dressing. This adaptive cardigan features a discrete and generous back overlap for additional coverage with snap closures at each shoulder. For caregivers, the closure at the shoulders makes dressing a breeze from seated, standing, or laying down. This top also features convenient side seam pockets, a faux button front, and a super soft sweater knit fabric that provides all day warmth and comfort.
How to put on an Open Back Top?
- Unsnap both the closures at the shoulder seams of the top.
- From the front, slide the sleeves up the arms of the wearer until the opening reaches their back (no lifting required).
- Once the top is in place, pull the first panel across the back and snap it in place at the shoulder.
- Now take the second panel, pull across, creating an overlap, and snap again.
Why use Silverts Open Back Tops?
- Caregiver Safety: Caregivers do not have to lift or shift the wearer, avoiding risk of injury and burnout.
- Great for Limited Upper Body Mobility: Wearers can be dressed without lifting their arms or contorting their upper body as with traditional over-the-head tops. This is helpful for individuals with limited upper body mobility.
- Ideal for Seated or Supine Dressing: The open back means the top can be put on from the front and snapped at the shoulders with minimal jostling. The wearer can be dressed from a seated, standing or lying position. The panels at the back can be snapped into place easily, providing full coverage and discretion from behind.
|Adaptive, ALS, Alzheimer's, Assisted Dressing, Assisted Living, Bedridden Patient, Disability Clothing, Disabled, Elderly, Handicap, Health Care, Home Care, Multiple Sclerosis, Nursing Home, Palliative Care, Paralysis, Seated Dressing, Stroke, Wheelchair, Arm Stiffness