Holiday Christmas Gift Ideas for Seniors and the Elderly
- Arm Protectors
- Compression Socks
- Coordinating Sets
- Elastic Waist Pants
- Gift Certificates
- Gift Packs
- Hospital Gowns
- Leg Warmers
- Name Tapes
- Shower Capes
- Slip Resistant Shoes
- Slip Resistant Slippers
- Slip Resistant Socks
- Sweat Pants
- Sweat Suits
- Wheelchair Blankets
- Wheelchair Pants
- Wide Shoes
- Wide Slippers
- Wide Socks
Search our Gift Guide
Top 20 Best Christmas Gift Ideas for Seniors and Christmas Gift Ideas for Nursing Home Residents:
Give Seniors the Christmas Gift of Independence
The most common physical disability that strikes many seniors and elderly is arthritis. Struggling to manage a button or tie a shoe lace is both frustrating and depressing. These concerns can be overcome with VELCRO® Brand Fasteners on shoes, slippers and clothing. Giving a senior comfort, dignity and independence makes a Christmas or holiday gift that can be enjoyed year around. Just a few senior Christmas Holiday gift ideas are mentioned below:
Give Seniors and Caregivers the Holiday Christmas Gift of Struggle Free Dressing
When upper and/or lowered mobility becomes an issue due to paralysis or weakness dressing becomes a stressful and sometimes painful process. Dressing then becomes an unpleasant daily chore for both the person being dressed and the caregiver. In addition it puts the caregiver’s health at risk due to an increased possibility of back injury. Adaptive clothing Christmas gifts can offer easy pain free seated dressing solutions. Just a few holiday Christmas gift ideas for seniors are mentioned below:
Top 20 Best Christmas Gift Ideas for the Elderly Senior and Christmas Holiday Gifts for Nursing Home Residents and Patients
During the Christmas holidays there is always a mad scramble by children and grandchildren to decide what gift or present to buy for grandma, grandpa and elderly parent. What do you buy for someone who seems to have everything? Or do they? As we age there are certain physical limitations that are not taken into account and make life that much more challenging! Challenging for the senior who is aging and their children, who gradually take on the role as caregiver. The holidays are a perfect time to address these new or growing physical limitations.
There may be many limitations when purchasing the appropriate holiday Christmas gift for a senior, elderly friend, senior relative or loved one. Here are some of the considerations you should keep in mind when selecting a gift for a person who is in a nursing home or long term facility:
Buying Tips for Christmas Gifts for Nursing Home Residents
- Does this senior individual have arthritis or any type of paralysis that contributes to lowered hand dexterity? Can they open and close items? Can they maneuver items (craft materials, book pages, knitting items, keyboards, game items, etc.)?
- Is there a place in the Nursing Home or the nursing home resident’s room to store Christmas gifts? Or is space limited in their nursing home room which is often the case?
- Is their vision impaired making reading materials to collect dust?
- Taking into consideration allergies, the resident, their roommate or staff may be allergic to potent scents found in perfumes, cologne, scented soaps, etc.
- Food allergies or restricted diets may preclude Christmas or holiday baking and sweets.
- Choking hazards must also be taken into consideration for elderly residents with dementia or Alzheimer’s.
- Christmas gifts that may possibly break causing injury to the senior, other elderly residents and nursing home staff.
What is the best or perfect holiday Christmas Gift for an elderly senior or a senior nursing home resident?
The best Christmas Shopping questions you can ask when shopping for a senior are:
- What do they really need?
- What gift can they actually use and enjoy?
- What gift will not end up collecting dust?
The best holiday gifts for seniors and the elderly take into consideration the need for comfort at every level of mobility. The right gift should match the right need for dignity and independence.
Giving the gift of Comfort is something that is always appreciated at any age.