Hospital Gowns for Women and Men
- All Adaptive Needs
- Adaptable Clothing
- Adaptive Clothes
- Adaptive Clothing
- Adaptive Clothing for Men
- Adaptive Clothing for Nursing Homes
- Adaptive Clothing for Women
- Adaptive Showroom
- Adaptive Slippers
- Adaptive Tops
- Adjustable Slippers
- Adult Bibs
- Aging Mother
- ALS Clothing
- ALS Footwear
- Alzheimer's Clothing
- Alzheimer's Patient Clothing
- Arthritis Clothing
- Arthritis Shoes and Slippers
- Assisted Living Clothing
- Back Snap Clothing
- Bariatric Clothing
- Bedridden Patient Clothing
- Bras for Breast Problems & Sensitive Breasts
- Bras for Older Women
- Bunion Relief Slippers for Men and Women
- Calluses Shoes and Slippers for Men and Women
- Caregiver Friendly Dressing
- Care Home Clothing
- Cerebral Palsy Clothing
- Clothing Solutions for the Elderly
- Clothing with VELCRO® brand fasteners
- Diabetes Footwear
- Disabled Adult Clothing Solutions
- Disabled Clothing
- Easy Dressing Solutions
- Elastic Waist Pants
- Elderly Clothing
- Electric Wheelchair Clothing
- Extra Wide Diabetic Slippers
- Fall Prevention
- Family Caregivers
- Fleece Capes
- Foot Problems & Solutions
- Footwear & Clothing
- Footwear for Ball of the Foot Pain
- Footwear for Deformed Toes
- Footwear for Fat Pad Atrophy
- Footwear for Heel Pain
- Footwear for High Arch Pain
- Footwear for Morton's Neuroma
- Footwear for Plantar Fasciitis
- Full Figure Clothing
- Geriatric Clothing and Footwear
- Handicap Clothing
- Health Care Professionals
- Home Care Clothes
- Hospital Clothing
- Hospital Nightgowns
- Hospital Socks
- Incontinence Clothing
- Independent Dressing Collection
- Leg Paralysis Clothing
- Lounge Bras
- Magnetic Button Clothing
- Men's Slipper Socks
- MS / Multiple Sclerosis Clothing
- Muscular Dystrophy Clothing
- Nursing Home Apparel
- Nursing Home Clothing
- Nursing Home Gowns
- Nursing Home Name Labels
- Nursing Home Resident Clothing
- Nursing Home Wardrobe Clothing
- Open Back Clothing
- Palliative Care Clothing
- Paralysis Clothing
- Parkinson's Clothing
- Patient Clothing
- Plus Size Clothing
- Post-Operation Clothing
- Restricted Mobility Clothing
- Senior Clothing
- Seniors Apparel
- Shoes for Claw Toes / Slippers for Claw Toes
- Shoes for Edema Footwear / Slippers for Edema Footwear
- Shoes for Elderly Seniors
- Shoes for Flat Feet / Slippers for Flat Feet
- Shoes for Hammer Toes / Slippers for Hammer Toes
- Shoes for Ingrown Toenails / Slippers for Ingrown Toenails
- Shoes for Lymphedema / Slippers for Lymphedema
- Shoes for Swollen Feet
- Shoulder Post-Op Clothing
- Sleep Bras
- Slippers for Swollen Feet
- Stroke Clothing
- Swollen Feet Shoes & Slippers
- Swollen Feet Socks
- VELCRO® brand Pants
- VELCRO® brand Shoes and Slippers
- Wheelchair Capes
- Wheelchair Clothing
- Wheelchair Clothing for Men
- Wheelchair Clothing for Women
- Wheelchair Fashion
- Wheelchair Jeans
- Wheelchair Pants
- Wheelchair Users Clothing
- Women's Slippers
- Wrap Around Skirts
We sent you a confirmation email. Check your email for $15 off.Add another email?
How are Silvert's Hospital/Patient Gowns different?
- No Pressure Points – Patients do not lay or rest on closures
- Complete Dignity – Full back overlaps
- Attractive – Look good & feel good
- Comfort – Quality fabrics
How to put on a hospital gown
- The patient remains in a seated position or flat prone position while being dressed.
- The patient's arms are inserted easily into the sleeves of the adaptive sleeping gown and the garment is drawn up to the shoulders.
- The caregiver simply wraps the generous overlap across the back and the snap closure on each shoulder is snapped into place. If the patient is in a flat position they are rolled over or lifted at the shoulders and the generous overlap across the back is snapped into place on top of the shoulders. The snaps are positioned in such a way that the patient does not experience any uncomfortable pressure points. The person being dressed is left completely covered without ever having to stand.
- Assisted disrobing is just as easy.
Surprising as it may seem, there are medical gowns and sleepwear that offer you, or your loved one, dignity and comfort. Often referred to as hospital patient gowns, nursing home or home health care night gowns, johnnie shirts. Silvert's has the hospital clothing solutions to meet your needs.
Too long have our loved ones struggled to maintain dignity while wearing open back hospital nightgowns/nightshirts that have ties and "blow in the breeze". Our loved ones deserve better than this. Our classic hospital patient nightgowns with snaps allow for comfort with the look of conventional sleepwear.
Thank goodness for Silvert's adaptive back snap sleepwear, in flannel, fleece, cotton and knit. Choose your own designer gown from a variety of patterns, styles and adaptive designs, including plaid and stripes. This back snap nightwear is designed for dignity, modesty and style; keep gown prices within your budget, rather than a luxury item. Silvert's nightwear is available in both short sleeve and long sleeve hospital nightgowns for open back and adaptive needs.
How Can Silvert's Flannel & Cotton Patient Gowns or Sleepwear Help?
They are designed to provide easy access for care of special needs and making it easy for a nurse or caregiver to put on a patient. Traditional hospital nightgowns, open back with ties, do not take into consideration a patient's dignity or emotional well-being.
Silvert's pretty hospital patient nightwear offers dignity by design. A back overlap on all of Silvert's adaptive nightgowns provides complete coverage to the patient or wearer. By overlapping with an extra layer of fabric in the back, special needs are addressed while maintaining dignity. Patients are easily able to get in and out of bed without having to worry about being exposed in the back. Silvert's nightwear is designed to fit looser than daytime clothing, and made with lighter weight fabrics to help keep the individual from becoming too hot throughout the night.
Most hospital/johnny gowns designs are known for not closing completely in the back and perhaps revealing more than we would like. Silvert's back snap closure nightwear has been redesigned with overlapping backs to ensure full coverage. Hospital and nursing facilities often provide their in-house adult nightshirts, which are worn regularly, with an additional dress worn backwards just to ensure full coverage. In order to ensure comfort, we cannot expect our loved ones to be worrying about shoulders falling off and strings untying. We want them to be comfortable and confident that they will stay covered and in control. For options in plus sizes, patient gown are also available oversized. Silvert’s offers both short sleeve and long sleeve hospital adaptive open back nightdress
No longer does a bedridden patient or individual with night incontinence issues have to wear unattractive nightwear. At Silvert's you or your loved one can choose from a wide variety of pretty hospital patient pyjamas for the hospital and home in patterns or solids for women and handsome attractive patterns for men.
Buying unique women's and men's flannel & cotton hospital nightshirts, pajamas and robes designed to help a variety of special needs:
- Adaptive nightgowns/nightshirts for men and women fit loose and free-flowing, allowing for easy movement.
- Hospital nightshirt fabrics are smooth and soft, reducing irritation to sensitive areas.
- A unique full-back overlap on Silvert's patient's hospital sleepwear ensures dignity.
- Hospital patient nightwear for home use and nursing home facility settings.
- We offer a wide variety of pretty patient hospital gown products in bright colors and cheerful prints and a variety of patterns to lift the patient's spirits.
- The modest lengths of our health care nightgowns provide dignity while sitting or lying down.
- Plus size bariatric or heavyweight gowns with snaps designed to accommodate just about any size.
Silvert's back snap adult nightgowns and patient sleepwear are fully machine washable and made to withstand the rigors of industrial-strength healthcare facility laundry machines. A variety of gowns for hospital and home are available in Flannel, Cotton, Knit and in oversize. The sleepwear maintains its original color and shape, and does not require ironing. Patients may be dressed in our healthcare nightgowns from either a sitting or lying down position.
Unlike other sources of health care nightwear, Silvert's adult hospital patient gowns are also reasonably priced to fit almost any budget.
Where can I buy a hospital gown?
Buy Hospital and Sleepwear Gowns and Sleepwear Gowns
Men's and women’s dressing patient gowns, back snap nightgowns, nursing home night gowns and patient sleepwear can ship directly to your home or healthcare facility. Shop online or order a free print catalog to your home.
- Buying Hospital Gowns / Sleepwear for Women
- Buying Hospital Gowns / Sleepwear for Men
- Buying Plus Size Hospital Gowns for Women
- Buying Plus Size Hospital Gowns for Men
- Nursing Home Nightgowns for Women and Men
- Adult Hospital Gowns for Home Use/Home Care
- Gift Ideas for Hospital Gowns and Sleepwear
Adaptive Patient Hospital Nightgowns Sizes Chart:
- Small (4-10)
- Medium (12-16)
- Large (18-20)
- Extra Large (20½-24½)
- XXL (26½)
- XXXL (28½)
Can I buy my own hospital gown?
Traditional hospital gowns leave patients exposed at times they are already feeling vulnerable. Silvert's hospital gowns feature full back overlaps and adaptive designs allowing for discreet, easy and pain free dressing.
A plus size hospital gown or oversized bariatric gown should offer full back coverage so the individual or patient being dressed has a sense of dignity. We offer plus size gowns in soft cotton knit and flannel for the ultimate in comfort. Choose from XL, 2XL and 3XL oversized gowns in a variety of colors and patterns.
Are all hospital gowns open at the back?
A hospital gown may be put on either on the back or the front. However, hospital gowns that have an open back are made to allow medical staff ease of access to whichever part of the patient is required and allows easier dressing and undressing.
Why do patients wear a hospital gown?
Hospital gowns that are worn by patients are made so that hospital staff can access the part of the patient’s body being treated easy.
The hospital gown is made of fabric that can withstand being laundered repeatedly in hot water, usually cotton, and is fastened at the back by twill tape ties.
Disposable hospital gowns may be made of paper or thin plastic, with ties made out of paper or plastic. Some gowns have snaps along the top of the shoulder and sleeves, this is so that the gown can be removed without disrupting intravenous lines in the patient’s arms. Paper hospital gowns that have been used are associated with hospital infections, which could be avoided by proper disposal.
Do you have to wear a gown in the hospital?
A Canadian study surveying patients at 5 hospitals found that 57 percent could have worn greater clothing below the waist, but just 11 percent wore more than a gown.
The physicians involved in conducting the survey said gowns should not be required unless necessary.
Why is a hospital gown called a Johnny?
A johnny, which is also referred to as a “johnny coat,” “johnny-shirt” or “hospital johnny,” has been called “the great equalizer” because it puts all hospital patients on an equal footing with the staff.
The gown was designed originally so that medical staff had maximum access to the patients’ body.
Example videos to better understand Silvert's products
Best Hospital Gown for Easy Dressing and Modesty
Tie Back Hospital Gowns
Tie Back Hospital Gowns are uncomfortable for a number of reasons:
- They end up in knots that become difficult to undo.
- The open back exposes patients in an undignified manner.
- Sitting or laying on ties and/or knots is not only uncomfortable but can cause bed sores and skin abrasions.
Women's Back Wrap Adaptive Hospital Gowns
These are great for seniors and the elderly because they can shop from a large variety of hospital gowns in beautiful solid colors and floral prints in super soft cotton knits, flannel and cotton broadcloth.
Women's wrap back gowns are not only easy to get on but offer complete coverage and dignity to the wear. The best feature of wrap homecare nightgowns is that there are no pressure points. The snaps are strategically placed on the shoulders to avoid closures pressing on any part of the body. Women's snap back adaptive gowns are available in a wide range of sizes from small to 3 X Large.
For added bedtime warmth why not add a hospital bed jacket and skid resistant hospital gripper socks in a large variety of colors.
Men's Back Snap Adaptive Hospital Gowns
Adaptive Hospital gowns for men or back snap nightshirts are features shoulder snap comfort. Why lay on uncomfortable ties or back snaps when you can have complete back overlap coverage with no pressure point shoulder snaps. Snap back hospital gowns offer easy dressing, comfort and complete modesty for patient dignity. These adaptive men's gowns come in soft flannel and cotton comfort. Men’s snap back adaptive gowns are available in a wide range of sizes from small to 3 X Large.
All purchases made between November 1 – December 31, 2019 may be returned or exchanged until January 31, 2020 (or 45 Days whichever is greater).
Silverts, the original adaptive clothing supplier, has been pleased to make dressing easier for disabled adults, seniors and the elderly by offering the largest selection of quality affordable adaptive clothing and adaptive footwear for over 88 years.
A large percentage of our customers are caregivers who purchase adaptive clothing and/or elderly footwear for their loved ones. Silvert's understands the difficulty of purchasing on others behalf and the caregiver's need for a full return and exchange policy.
For many this may be your first time purchasing adaptive clothing or adaptive shoes for your loved one. Questions may arise such as: what is adaptive nursing home clothing? or what size clothing should I order? Silvert's Customer Service Department is pleased to respond to all your questions and concerns.by phone 1-800-387-7088, Email firstname.lastname@example.org or by Online Chat during regular business hours (EST).