Quality Parkinsons Gifts of Adaptive Clothing & Footwear
Search our Gift Guide
As people become older and less independent than they used to be, they may become more reliant on care from others. Their lifestyle often changes according to their individual needs and capabilities and more help will be needed to ensure they can continue to enjoy the best quality of life they can.
Families and friends often find that when their elderly relative or friend becomes older in years, giving them the perfect gift is a great way to cheer them up and brighten their spirit. However, buying gifts for older men and gifts for older women on birthdays, at christmas or any other occasion can sometimes be difficult and many people struggle to think of, or find something suitable.They want to find a gift that is appropriate, something suitable and helpful, a gift they can give and know that they have chosen well. For this reason, we have compiled a list of ideas and links that you may find helpful when choosing something to buy that will be well received and appreciated by the recipient.
You may be choosing just general gifts old people, gifts for seniors, or perhaps something more specific such as christmas gifts for someone in a nursing home. Take a look at the ideas below and hopefully you will find just the thing you have been looking for, or as yet haven’t even thought of. The list consists of gifts for elderly women and gifts for elderly men. You can find links that will take you straight to the many gifts available. Enjoy your browsing!
Easy Useful Gifts for Men & Women
1. Hospital Socks
Hospital socks are also known as grip socks, or socks with tread on the bottom. These socks will keep an elderly person comfortable, but also safe. Choose between different fabrics to get the socks that they like best.Some features of these socks are:
- Fall Prevention: Slip resistant tread on soles to ensure your safety
- Comfort: Extremely soft, great for sleeping and wearing without shoes
- Two sizes available to fit swollen feet
A wheelchair/walker bag will give them somewhere to put knick knacks such as tissues, handkerchiefs, glasses, or even dentures! Some features of a wheelchair bag are:
- Secures to wheelchairs, walkers and bedside railings with easy touch closures
- Easy access: 2 Zippered Pockets & 2 Open Pockets
- Durable canvas: Machine Washable
- Good Purse Replacement: Great for holding personal belongings
2. Leg & Arm Warmers
Is the elderly woman or man you are shopping for always cold? Give them added protection against the elements with arm protectors or leg warmers! These are good because of:
- Soft Fabric: Perfect for delicate/sensitive skin
- Comfort: Cozy and warm for knees or ankles
- Quality Material: Fleece that can withstand even the toughest washers
If you often see that their clothes are stained, particularly around the neck and chest, a bib might keep their clothes a little cleaner. Features of some great bibs are
- Fabric Options: Terry Cloth or vinyl, pick your preference
- Extra Long: Added length to protect the whole body and lap
- Easy fastenings: Choose between tie closures or snap closures
4. Open Back Hospital Gowns
Do they struggle with dressing? Are they getting help dressing from a caregiver? Open back nightgowns might be a gift they would appreciate immensely, making their dressing routine much easier everyday! Features of Open Back Nightgowns
- Adaptive Open Back Design with shoulder snaps
- Generous Overlap to ensure full dignity and coverage
- Endless styles, fabrics and prints!
- Machine washable to withstand industrial washers
5. Shower Capes
Give them an easier alternative to drying off after showers, shower capes will make it much easier to dry off safely. Some other great features of shower capes are:
- Easy Dressing: No sleeves for limited upper arm mobility
- Hood: Attached hood to keep your head warm at all times
- Warmth and Comfort: Keep you warm after bath time, without feeling heavy
- Quality Material: Machine Washable to withstand the hottest temperatures
6. Wheelchair Blanket
Are they in a wheelchair? A wheelchair blanket might be the perfect gift for them. But what is a wheelchair blanket:
- Attaches to arms to avoid slipping or sliding off
- Reversible: Match to every outfit with two colours to choose from
- Handy front pocket
- Warmth & Comfort: Designed to keep you warm at all times
7. Bed Jacket
If the elderly woman you are shopping for is bedridden, or spends a lot of time in bed, a bed jacket is a great gift to keep them warm and cozy:
- Easy Access Dressing : No arm holes, perfect for limited upper arm mobility
- Warmth & Comfort: Will hug your shoulders with warmth
- Quality Machine Washable: Will withstand any washing
- Hook Closure: to keep it securely on your shoulders
Gifts for Elderly Women
Footwear, clothing and accessories continue to be ideal gifts for elderly women as they may not be able to get out and about to shops or they may not be able to choose things as easily for themselves anymore. Items can get lost or misplaced, or things generally become worn or old. Therefore, items like slippers, socks and clothes will always be welcomed and are very popular for any occasion! As people get older they need footwear and clothing that is comfortable and practical.
8. Women's Shoes - Women's regular and adaptive footwear including shoes and sandals are specially designed and take into account foot issues such as swollen feet, corns and bunions, hammer toes, edema, diabetic feet and painful feet. Straps and closures offer adjustable footwear that will fit most foot problems. Rather than being forced to choose poorly fitting larger size shoes, Silvert's offers wide and extra wide widths to accommodate your foot for exact size and comfort. Shop for athletic shoes to comfort shoes, there are many ranges and choices available. There is also skid resistant footwear available giving safer and often needed support for elderly people who may be unsteady on their feet. A great selection of regular and adaptive ladies footwear can be found here.
9. Womens Slippers - There is a wide selection of slippers available on the market for seniors, elderly and for disabled adults. Adaptive and adjustable house slippers for women come in different fittings, regular, wide, extra-wide, and many adaptive slippers are skid resistant. There are women's diabetic slippers, indoor/outdoor slippers and orthopedic slippers available. A range of these comfortable and well designed ladies slippers can be found here!
10. Womens Socks - There are many types of socks available that provide comfort, warmth and support, including non-skid socks, compression socks, hospital socks and diabetic socks. Many different kinds of these comfortable and practical socks can be found here.
11. Womens Clothing - A large selection of ladies clothing is available to buy online, including dresses, tops, outerwear, sleepwear and underwear. An item of ladies clothing can make a lovely gift for a friend or loved one and each time they wear it they will, without doubt think of you. All of these different categories of items can be found here.
12. Womens Accessories - Accessories are a very popular choice of gift for ladies as they are something we don’t often buy for ourselves as we don’t always think of the many useful items that are out there so choosing the right accessory for someone can be very much appreciated! Take a look at the different helpful and useful accessories available here.
13. Womens Adaptive Clothing and Accessories - There is a wide range of adaptive clothing and accessories available to buy online. Dressing can sometimes become a challenge for elderly people due to buttons and zips where people are suffering from arthritis or struggle with motor skills.There are many items that would make ideal gifts for handicapped seniors or gifts for people in nursing homes. If you have been searching the internet looking for gifts for lady in a nursing home, gifts for handicapped woman, gifts for bedridden woman, gifts for old ladies in nursing homes then take a look here where there are many items available.
14. Gifts for Women with Health Related Conditions, Illnesses or Disabilities - Many women live with health related conditions, illnesses and disabilities such as arthritis, diabetes or restricted mobility. There is a huge variety of items available on the market to help assist people with day to day living, giving practical and valuable help and assistance when needed. Easy to get into clothing and footwear is perfect but sometimes it is difficult to find. Or something like a wheelchair or walker bag can be invaluable to someone to carry and hold their belongings. There are many items that are available and buying someone something that will help to improve their lives in any way will undoubtedly be extremely appreciated. Take a look here for items such as womens adaptive wheelchair pants.
Gifts for Elderly Men
Choosing gifts for elderly men is often not easy. You may be looking general gifts, gifts for people in a nursing home or perhaps you may have been looking for a specific type of mens gift. Take a look below where you can find a few ideas
15. Mens Shoes - Looking for suitable comfortable footwear for older men that is comfortable and easy to wear? Then take a look here for a wide range of shoes available in many styles and fits, giving style, support and comfort.
16. Mens Slippers - Slippers make great gifts. It may be for birthdays or christmas gifts for someone in a nursing home, slippers are always one of the most popular gifts for older men! Take a look here at the choice available.
17. Mens Socks - There are many types of socks available including; non-skid socks, compression socks, hospital socks and diabetic socks. All these comfortable and practical socks can be found here.
18. Mens Accessories - Accessories are a very popular choice of gift for men as they are something we don’t often buy for ourselves as we don’t always think of the many useful items that are out there so choosing the right accessory for someone can be very much appreciated! Take a look at the different accessories available here.
19. Mens Adaptive Clothing and Accessories - Dressing can sometimes become a challenge for elderly people due to buttons and zips where people are suffering from arthritis or struggle with motor skills.Take a look through the wide range of adaptive clothing and accessories available. If you have been searching the internet looking for gifts for older men, nursing home christmas gifts or you may have been specifically searching for gifts for elderly man in hospital, then take a look here where there are many items available that are practical, helpful and useful.
20. Gifts for Men with Health Related Conditions, Illnesses or Disabilities - Many men live with a health related condition, illness or disability. There are many items that would make ideal gifts for handicapped seniors or gifts for people in nursing homes. Finding a gift to help improve the life of a person with such conditions can be invaluable. Take a look here for items such as mens adaptive wheelchair pants or mens zipper pants for arthritis or catheter bags.
After taking a look through the above content we hope we have provided you with some useful and helpful information to assist you in choosing the perfect gift for an elderly relative or friend. The sky's the limit when looking for gifts and you can mix and match many items such as a pair of comfy slippers together with a cosy pair of socks or an outfit consisting of a shirt and trousers. When you buy someone a gift, it brings joy and happiness not only for the recipient but also for you, the giver, to see that you have chosen something perfect. Something that will be worn or used for many days to come. Find that special gift today. Happy shopping!
Looking for the perfect gift for seniors?
Find gifts for seniors that have everything! Silvert's offers a variety of gifts for elderly women and gifts for elderly men. Choose from a wide selection of gifts for older women. From tops and blouses to footwear, browse gifts for older men: non slip socks, house slippers, a warm mens cardigan and so much more. Silvert's Gift Guide will help you find the right present at the right price. Sending the gift right to your loved one? We also offer gift wrapping and gift certificates.
Maybe you are a carer in a nursing home and looking at gifts such as adaptive clothing and footwear and how they may help your patients?
It can mean less pain for the patient when dressing with adaptive clothing. The struggle of daily dressing may be significantly reduced. Adaptive clothing can help maintain patient dignity. Adaptive clothing may have fabrics and styles that are comfortable for the patient. Fashion meets functionality; they can have clothing they are comfortable in getting in and out of, but that will also work with their sense of fashion.
Adaptive clothing and footwear may make the perfect gift!
Great Gift Ideas for the Elderly Senior in Your Life!
Give them the gift they really need, creative gifts for mom, dad and gifts for grandparents!
Gifts for Mom
- Christmas gifts for Mom
- Gift for Mom/Mother
- Birthday Gifts for Mom
- Gifts for Grandma
Gifts for Dad
- Christmas gifts for Dad
- Gift for Dad/Father
- Birthday Gifts for Dad
- Gifts for Grandpa
Gifts for a Loved One's Health Care and Clothing Needs
- Adaptive Clothing/Apparel
- Alzheimers Clothing/Apparel
- Assisted Living Clothing/Apparel
- Diabetic Footwear
- Disabled Clothing/Apparel
- Foot Problems
- Home Care Clothing/Apparel
- Incontinent Clothing/Apparel
- Nursing Home Clothing/Apparel
- Parkinsons Clothing/Apparel
- Plus Size Clothing/Apparel
- Stroke Clothing/Apparel
- Clothing/Apparel with VELCRO® brand fasteners
- ALS Clothing/Apparel
- Arthrits Clothing/Apparel
- Diabetes Clothing
- Disiability Clothing
- Elderly Clothing
- Handicap Clothing/Apparel
- Hospital Gowns
- Muliple Sclerosis Clothing/Apparel
- Paralysis Clothing/Apparel
- Patient Clothing
- Senior Clothing/Apparel
- Swollen Feet Clothing/Apparel
- Wheelchair Clothing/Apparel