Diabetic Shoes, Diabetic Slippers and Diabetic Socks for Men and Women / Diabetic Footwear and Washable Edema Slippers for Men and Women
- All Adaptive Needs
- Adaptable Clothing
- Adaptive Clothes
- Adaptive Clothing
- Adaptive Clothing for Men
- Adaptive Clothing for Nursing Homes
- Adaptive Clothing for Women
- Adaptive Showroom
- Adaptive Slippers
- Adaptive Tops
- Adjustable Slippers
- Adult Bibs
- Aging Mother
- ALS Clothing
- ALS Footwear
- Alzheimer's Clothing
- Alzheimer's Patient Clothing
- Arthritis Clothing
- Arthritis Shoes and Slippers
- Assisted Living Clothing
- Back Snap Clothing
- Bariatric Clothing
- Bedridden Patient Clothing
- Bras for Breast Problems & Sensitive Breasts
- Bras for Older Women
- Calluses Shoes and Slippers for Men and Women
- Caregiver Friendly Dressing
- Care Home Clothing
- Cerebral Palsy Clothing
- Clothing Solutions for the Elderly
- Clothing with VELCRO® brand fasteners
- Diabetes Footwear
- Diabetic Socks
- Disabled Adult Clothing Solutions
- Disabled Clothing
- Easy Dressing Solutions
- Elastic Waist Pants
- Elderly Clothing
- Electric Wheelchair Clothing
- Extra Wide Diabetic Slippers
- Fall Prevention
- Family Caregivers
- Fleece Capes
- Foot Problems & Solutions
- Footwear & Clothing
- Footwear for Ball of the Foot Pain
- Footwear for Deformed Toes
- Footwear for Fat Pad Atrophy
- Footwear for Heel Pain
- Footwear for High Arch Pain
- Footwear for Morton's Neuroma
- Footwear for Plantar Fasciitis
- Full Figure Clothing
- Geriatric Clothing and Footwear
- Handicap Clothing
- Health Care Professionals
- Home Care Clothes
- Hospital Clothing
- Hospital Nightgowns
- Hospital Socks
- Incontinence Clothing
- Independent Dressing Collection
- Leg Paralysis Clothing
- Lounge Bras
- Magnetic Button Clothing
- Men's Slipper Socks
- MS / Multiple Sclerosis Clothing
- Muscular Dystrophy Clothing
- Nursing Home Apparel
- Nursing Home Clothing
- Nursing Home Gowns
- Nursing Home Name Labels
- Nursing Home Resident Clothing
- Nursing Home Wardrobe Clothing
- Open Back Clothing
- Palliative Care Clothing
- Paralysis Clothing
- Parkinson's Clothing
- Patient Clothing
- Plus Size Clothing
- Post-Operation Clothing
- Restricted Mobility Clothing
- Senior Clothing
- Seniors Apparel
- Shoes for Bunions
- Shoes for Claw Toes / Slippers for Claw Toes
- Shoes for Edema Footwear / Slippers for Edema Footwear
- Shoes for Elderly Seniors
- Shoes for Flat Feet / Slippers for Flat Feet
- Shoes for Hammer Toes / Slippers for Hammer Toes
- Shoes for Ingrown Toenails / Slippers for Ingrown Toenails
- Shoes for Lymphedema / Slippers for Lymphedema
- Shoes for Swollen Feet
- Shoulder Post-Op Clothing
- Sleep Bras
- Slippers for Swollen Feet
- Stroke Clothing
- Swollen Feet Shoes & Slippers
- Swollen Feet Socks
- VELCRO® brand Pants
- VELCRO® brand Shoes and Slippers
- Wheelchair Capes
- Wheelchair Clothing
- Wheelchair Clothing for Men
- Wheelchair Clothing for Women
- Wheelchair Fashion
- Wheelchair Jeans
- Wheelchair Pants
- Wheelchair Users Clothing
- Wholesale Hospital Nightgowns
- Women's Slippers
- Wrap Around Skirts
We sent you a confirmation email. Check your email for $15 off.Add another email?
Special Needs Elderly Diabetic Footwear/Clothing for People with Diabetes
Diabetic Friendly Shoes, Slippers, and Sock Solutions
There are a number of considerations to take into account when purchasing Diabetic Slippers, Diabetic Shoes and Diabetic Socks
A Bit About Why Diabetic Feet Need "Special" Shoes
Diabetes is when your body either doesn’t produce enough insulin or it produces no insulin. Type 1 diabetes is when you don’t produce any, and type two is where the body produces either too little or the body is resistant to insulin.
A common side effect of diabetes is "peripheral neuropathy," which causes loss of sensation in the limbs. Shoes that don't fit properly which rub or pinch the feet can lead to ulceration and foot injury. This can be because the diabetic person does not feel the injury until it is too late. A properly fitted diabetic shoe is very important in preventing injuries and helps to reduce pain by having proper foot care. Our diabetic shoes are specially designed to fit the diabetic foot. They feature extra width and depth in the toe box and forefoot to relieve pressure from other areas of the foot.
Diabetic shoes are often wider and deeper than regular shoes, to make room for special diabetic insoles. Insoles for diabetics are generally custom-made for the patient's feet, This is to ensure proper fit vand minimize rubbing and uneven weight distribution, preventing injury. However we have designed various types of inserts which may be used instead of custom inserts, They even heat-molded to help with pressure distribution.
Wide Widths, High Toe Boxes — Diabetic Solutions
Diabetic footwear including socks and shoes/slippers should be non-constrictive and adjustable in order to accommodate poor circulation and the risk of sores, pain and irritations. These two features accommodate for poor circulation and the risk of sores, pain and irritations.
- VELCRO® brand closures and wideopenings allow you to adjust to any changes in swelling throughout the day. The generous closures allow adjustment while maintaining a proper fit. These are two important factors in Diabetic Shoes and Slippers
- High Toe boxes in Diabetic Shoes and Slippers aid to reduce toe irritations and help keep good blood circulation.
- Non-constrictive socks stretch to accommodate swelling.
Avoid Irritants — Diabetic Footwear Solutions
- Socks should be seamless to prevent irritation.
- Moisture wicking and anti-bacterial resistant socks play important factors in Diabetic Footwear infection prevention. Silver ions help aid in Anti-microbial protection against bacteria, fungus and mildew.
- Removable insoles are important for those that require orthotic inserts.
Promote Circulation — Diabetic Solutions
Circulation becomes an issue for mobile seniors who require products such as Diabetic Shoes and Slippers
- Diabetes Footwear that provides additional warmth to help promote circulation.
- Diabetes Footwear that reduces pressure points to aid in circulation.
- Shop Shoes Diabetic for Women
- Shop Slippers Diabetic for Women
- Shop Socks Diabetic for Women
- Shop Shoes Diabetic for Men
- Shop Slippers Diabetic for Men
- Shop Socks Diabetic for Men
- Diabetic Extra Wide Slippers
- Shop for Diabetic Shoes, Slippers and Socks for Women
- Shop for Diabetic Shoes, Slippers and Socks for Men
- Shop for Diabetic Clothing/Apparel for Women
- Shop for Diabetic Clothing/Apparel for Men
Let Silvert's help you care for your parents and or loved ones. Add our diabetic footwear to your cart, and you can order comfortable and attractive Diabetes Shoes and Slippers directly from Silvert's website today!
If you find that you need something for the nighttime, just to throw on that will keep your feet warm, Silvert’s has footwear for you. Fleece lining booties are great for a slip on slipper to make short trips to the washroom and back.
The following are just a few examples of products and prices of top quality clothing & footwear that may assist with dressing issues for those limited by diabetes living. These include diabetes shirts and pants as well as footwear!
What socks are good for swollen ankles?
Diabetic socks and socks for edema legs are an excellent choice for swollen feet and swollen ankles for women & men. Socks for diabetes offer wider widths and a non constrictive fit.
Diabetic socks are designed for different levels of swelling and can accommodate fluctuation in swelling. Often one foot or ankle may have more swelling and socks that can compensate for this are extremely beneficial.
How can I reduce the swelling in my feet?
Some home remedies for swollen feet include; drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water a day, buying compression socks, soaking feet in a cool epsom salt bath for about 15 - 20 minutes, elevating your feet (preferably above the heart).
Other home remedies for swollen feet may include; moving feet a little bit every hour or massaging your feet.
What shoes are best for swollen feet?
VELCRO® brand strap fastener closure shoes for women & men that adjust for different levels of swelling and can accommodate fluctuation in swelling.
Often one foot or ankle may have more swelling and footwear that can compensate for this is extremely beneficial.
Wider width shoes allow for the increased sizing that swollen feet may require without having to go up in size. This reduces the risk of falls due to wearing oversized shoes or slippers just to accommodate swelling.
Soft or flexible materials that mold to the foot and allow for swelling.
Specialty shoes designed for swelling and edema.
Example videos to better understand Silvert's products
Silverts, the original adaptive clothing supplier, has been pleased to make dressing easier for disabled adults, seniors and the elderly by offering the largest selection of quality affordable adaptive clothing and adaptive footwear for over 89 years.
A large percentage of our customers are caregivers who purchase adaptive clothing, elderly clothing and/or elderly footwear for their loved ones. Silvert's understands the difficulty of purchasing on others behalf and the caregiver's need for a full return and exchange policy.
For many this may be your first time purchasing adaptive clothing or adaptive shoes for your loved one. Questions may arise such as: what is adaptive nursing home clothing? or what size clothing should I order? Silvert's Customer Service Department is pleased to respond to all your questions and concerns.by phone 1-800-387-7088, Email [email protected] or by Online Chat during regular business hours (EST).